Your kitchen is the heart of your home. You can be more efficient and have more joy when you’re cooking with kitchen organization.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
We receive a commission on purchases made through links on this page. For more information, read Affiliate Disclosure.
Table of contents
- 1. Label everything
- 2. Stay organized with drawer dividers
- 3. Install hooks to hang mugs under your shelves
- 4. Put your pantry items in a container
- 5. Use dividers to store your pots and pans
- 6. Get a pull-out cabinet drawer
- 7. Use a roll-up dish drying rack
- 8. Organize your tea and coffee
- 9. Use a magnetic storage rack
- 10. Keep your under-sink items in a storage bucket
1. Label everything
Labels will make your life easier, and your kitchen is more organized. When you have a label for your different items, it’ll be easier to find what you’re looking for, and your kitchen will have a streamlined look.
Buy labels from Real + Vibrant Home on Etsy.
2. Stay organized with drawer dividers
One of the best kitchen organization tools is the use of drawer dividers. It can be used for utensils, whisks, spatula, or any other tools you have for the kitchen. For an aesthetic approach, organize like with like.
Buy drawer dividers from Amazon.
3. Install hooks to hang mugs under your shelves
To free up cabinet space, install hooks underneath to hang your mugs. It’ll give you more space for your dishes and bowls while making it simple to grab a mug for tea or coffee.
Buy under-shelf hooks from Amazon.
4. Put your pantry items in a container
Get rid of the packaging that your pantry items came with, and place them in airtight containers. It’s a convenient way to store your food, and keep your kitchen organized. It’ll also keep your items fresh for a longer time, than placing a clip on the bag.
Buy OXO containers from Amazon.
5. Use dividers to store your pots and pans
Instead of piling your pots and pans on top of each other, use dividers or store them on their sides. It’ll be easier to take it out when you need it, and it won’t scratch as it would when the items are stacked.
Buy dividers from Amazon.
6. Get a pull-out cabinet drawer
Pull-out drawers allow you to grab the items that you need without digging through a bunch of other items. It’ll keep your kitchen organized and simplify your cooking experience.
Buy pull-out drawers from The Container Store.
7. Use a roll-up dish drying rack
A roll-up dish drying rack sits on top of your sink when you need it, and when you don’t you can tuck it away. It’s a convenient, space-saving, and functional tool for air-drying your dishes.
Buy a roll-up dish drying rack from The Container Store.
8. Organize your tea and coffee
Use canisters to store your coffee and loose-leaf tea. By having an attached scoop, you won’t have to worry about finding a measuring spoon. Be sure to use a canister that comes with an airtight lid, which ensures freshness.
Buy canisters from Crate & Barrel.
9. Use a magnetic storage rack
A magnetic storage rack is a versatile tool that can stick to a magnetic wall, refrigerator, or other metal surfaces. It’s perfect for smaller or narrower spaces. It can also be used as an essentials rack, where you store the items that you use most often.
Buy a magnetic storage rack from Amazon.
10. Keep your under-sink items in a storage bucket
It can be easy to just toss things under the sink. However, the space under your sink is an important aspect of kitchen organization. Make it efficient by storing your items in an under-sink storage bucket.
Buy an under-sink storage bucket from The Container Store.
- What’s the modern farmhouse style?
- 7 best glass food storage containers
- 11 storage ideas for small bedrooms
Featured image courtesy of Unsplash.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Nola and Luna, the destination for home improvement and decor. He launched Nola and Luna to share DIY how-to’s, inspiration, reviews, shopping guides, and expert advice to help you create a beautiful home.